Marketing – Hotel Marketing Manager
The successful Hotel Marketing Manager will combine an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, online merchandising and promotions with knowledge of how to leverage data to profitably grow a line of business. He or she will develop deep expertise on how our customers shop, drawing on that to build an unparalleled shopping experience in collaboration with our supplier partners and team leaders across the company including, Product/Engineering, Finance, Customer Service, and Digital Marketing.
The ideal candidate is innovative, analytical, and customer-focused with great judgment and creative problem-solving skills. This person will have demonstrated skill with technical tools and processes through website management, digital marketing, advanced data analysis, consulting or other similar experience. They will be passionate, organized, and comfortable managing multiple cross-functional initiatives at once.
This is a unique leadership role for a highly motivated individual that is interested in joining a high growth company and making an immediate impact.
- Serve as the hotel department subject matter expert
- Relentlessly drive improvements to the site experience through the development and execution of strategic cross-functional projects that will improve conversion rate and revenue growth
- Work with our supplier partners on creating promotions that deliver increased transactions
- Use data to recommend the optimal hotel search results
- Identify, test and recommend new hotel supply partners
- Maintain a strong vision for future site improvements driven by passion for delighting our customers
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience across the hotel line of business
Skills & Requirements
- BA with strong academic record and 10+ years of experience.
- Passionate about our customers with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior.
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions. Experience with web analytics strongly preferred.
- Senior presence, able to lead across functions and departments and synthesize multiple points of view into a compelling point of view and coherent action plan.
- Able to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is right for the customer.
- Able to manage many initiatives and drive multiple threads of work to completion.
- Superb communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Positive, energetic attitude.
- Able to quickly learn necessary technical tools. Experience with Birst and or Periscope is a plus.
- Hotel eCommerce experience is a plus.
- Passion for the travel market is a plus.
Who are we?
One of the biggest perks of working for an airline is the ability to fly anywhere in the world for peanuts. The problem? Grabbing a seat on a flight was a laborious, costly, and confusing manual process for both the airline employee and the airline itself. Then we came along.
Our state-of-the-art online platform allows airline employees to check availability in real-time and book their flight, 100% online. No more manual processes, no more “pen and paper” tickets, and no more getting to the airport only to find out that there isn’t any room on the flight for you.
Another big perk for airline employees? Hotels and cruise lines love them. They love them so much that they’ll gladly give them rates that are at least 20% lower than anything you’ll find anywhere else, period – and airline employees can book these hotels and cruises directly though our online platform.
Essentially, think of us as a private, members-only Expedia just for airline employees. Except our rates are better. Like, way better.
Sounds great! How can I apply?
Qualified applicants should send a personal introduction, resume, and salary requirements to sayhello (at) id90travel.com.