We absolutely love being a part of the airline community. It’s one of the most vibrant, servant-hearted, and loving communities on this planet. Which is why we’re more than eager to give back. One of the ways we’re going to do that is by supporting the dependents of our airline employees through scholarship!
The ID90 Travel Non-Rev Spirit Award is a brand new scholarship, available to the dependents of current and retired airline employees. Always encouraging of the #NonRevLife, we’re excited to learn how airline dependents use their non-rev benefits to their advantage to explore the world.
Since Christmas is just about here (which means your kiddos hopefully will be home, sitting around doing nothing) we figured that this would be a good time to deliver this scholarship straight to you. You know, so you can say, “Well, if you’re bored you can always apply to scholarships!”
Then, of course, you can promptly pull this application up on the computer and slap it down in front of them. Like, in a loving manner.
- One recipient will be awarded the $1,500 for the 2018 spring semester.
- The scholarship winner, as well as the two runner-ups, will be featured on our ID90 Travel blog, Interliner.
- The application period begins December 20, 2017, and will close at midnight CST February 15, 2018.
- The award is based on the applicant’s academic performance and demonstrated personal and professional leadership roles in work, school and community activities (including sports, clubs or organizations – community service, faith-based organizations, work experience and military experience.)
Scholarship & Applicant Requirements
- Applicants must be dependents of a current or retired airline employee, and that airline employee must be a member of ID90 Travel (if you aren’t a member, it’s free to sign up on our site!)
- ID90 Travel employees and their spouses, domestic partners, surviving spouses, siblings, or dependents are not eligible for this award.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a college, university or trade school for the 2018 spring semester, and they must be able to provide proof of enrollment.
- Applicants must provide a current resumé.
- Applicants must provide a 650-word essay on the topic of Non-Rev Life. What we want to see in this essay is what Non-Rev Life means to the applicant. They can feel free to provide examples of your non-rev adventures, experiences growing up in the airline industry, and opinion on how they feel about being given such an incredible privilege. Maybe even show us how you plan to use these privileges in the future! Most importantly, be creative.
- Applicants must be willing to sign a limited media release so that ID90 Travel may use their likeness and content on its sites and social platforms.
We can’t wait to hear from you! Good luck. 💙
Author: Emily (@ID90 Travel)
Emily is the Content Marketing Manager here at ID90 Travel. An avid non-rev flyer (she grew up in the industry), and passionate private pilot, Emily can’t get enough of all things aviation. When not writing awesome ID90 Travel content she can be found on a Texas patio, being one with nature, or annoying her ID90T co-workers with her many, many, crowdsourcing questions.