We absolutely love being a part of the airline community. It’s one of the most vibrant, servant-hearted, and loving communities on this planet. Which is why we’re more than eager to give back. One of the ways we’re going to do that is by supporting the dependents of our airline employees through scholarship!
The ID90 Travel Non-Rev Spirit Award is a newer scholarship (this is only our second semester of offering it), available to the dependents of current and retired airline employees. Always encouraging of the #NonRevLife, we’re excited to learn how airline dependents use their non-rev benefits to their advantage to explore the world.
(In the meantime, if you need more help finding scholarships, don’t fear. We’ve already created a list and put it here. XX)
The Fall 2018 Scholarship Details
- One recipient will be awarded the $1,500 for the 2018 fall semester.
- Two recipients (tied for second place) will each be awarded $750 for the 2018 fall semester.
- The three scholarship winners, as well as two runner-ups (tied for third), will be featured on our ID90 Travel blog, Interliner.
- The application period began July 20, 2018, and will close at midnight CST August 10, 2018.
- The winners will be announced August 15th, 2018.
- Former applicants (and runner-ups) can reapply (unless they’ve won in the past).
- The award is based on the applicant’s academic performance and demonstrated personal and professional leadership roles in work, school and community activities (including sports, clubs or organizations – community service, faith-based organizations, work experience and military experience.)
Scholarship & Applicant Requirements
- Applicants must be dependents of a current or retired airline employee, and that airline employee must be a member of ID90 Travel (Trust us, we check! If you aren’t a member, don’t worry, it’s free to sign up on our site!)
- ID90 Travel employees and their spouses, domestic partners, surviving spouses, siblings, or dependents are not eligible for this award.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a college, university or trade school for the 2018 fall semester, and they must be able to provide official proof of enrollment (the scholarship is not currently offered to Masters or Doctorate students).
- Applicants must provide a current resumé.
- Applicants must provide a 650-word essay on the topic of Non-Rev Life. What we want to see in this essay is what Non-Rev Life means to the applicant. They can feel free to provide examples of their non-rev adventures, experiences growing up in the airline industry, and opinion on how they feel about being given such an incredible privilege. Maybe even show us how you plan to use these privileges in the future! Most importantly, be creative. (P.S. we’re kind of giving y’all an edge by posting the Spring 2018 winners’ essays, so do your research! But also, don’t forget to be completely original.)
- Applicants must be willing to sign a limited media release so that ID90 Travel may use their likeness and content on its sites and social platforms.
- Winners will be required to submit the said signed limited media release and a photo.
Application – CLOSED
If you have any issue with this form, please email email@example.com for assistance (or send the above-mentioned information and required attached documents there instead of submitting above).
We can’t wait to hear from y’all! See you soon. 💙
*** If you are having a difficult time getting an “Official Proof of Enrollment” from your university/school please feel free to submit an “Unofficial” Proof of Enrollment instead (it must include the school name and semester date).
UPDATE (as of 9/4/18):
Good news, we’ve chosen our winners! As of today, everyone’s been notified. If you applied and have not been notified of your status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently letting our winners bask in the glory. In the meantime, stay tuned here on Interliner for our winner announcement and to read their essays!
Thank you to everyone that applied. We can’t wait to share the stories of our amazing winners!
Author: Emily (@ID90 Travel)
Emily is the Content Marketing Manager here at ID90 Travel. An avid non-rev flyer (she grew up in the industry), and passionate private pilot, Emily can’t get enough of all things aviation. When not writing awesome ID90 Travel content she can be found on a Texas patio, being one with nature, or annoying her ID90T co-workers with her many, many, crowdsourcing questions.